Hello

Options
paul93
paul93 Member Posts: 4
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

My husband has arthitis and is waiting for surgery, Total knee replacement for left knee. He had his right knee done in 2018. My husband gets so fatigued everyday because his knee is sore, uncomfortable and he cannot walk far now.

It stops us going out sometimes and I go out alone which I'm sad about.

I wanted to join to get support from others in similar situation.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 16. Sep 2022, 15:41
    Options

Hi @paul93

Welcome to the online community.glad you are posting and reaching out for help.

You say you are posting on behalf of your husband who has Arthritis and waiting for surgery on his left knee.

So glad you have come to the online community, for help and understanding you have come to the right place as everyone here have some form of arthritis and know what you are both going through.

Hope this helps why you are both waiting.

Please tell us how you are getting on and do go on our forums and talk to others it often helps.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• paul93
    Options

Thank you Christine.

I shall take a look around the community site.

Paula

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Hi @paul93

Paula lovely to meet you welcome to the forum from me too.

It's tough for your husband being tired and in pain. He probably feels like he is letting you down when his arthritis restricts your life together.

But it must be tough on you too I'd hate having to do stuff on my own. I hope you'll decide to stay here and join in with us. We are a very supportive group and will help you any way we can.

Take care

Toni x

• paul93
    Options

Thank you Toni,

It's more tough for my husband as there is no let up with the fatigue and pain of his knee.

I try and put a smile on my face but it's hard sometimes.

Paula

Paula