Young person’s support group

Options
Eminocco
Eminocco Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi! Does anyone know of young person’s RA support groups in London please? I am 33, diagnosed aged 12, and hoping to benefit from the support of other young people. Thanks!

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    edited 20. Sep 2022, 09:31
    Options

Hi @Eminocco welcome to the Versus Arthritis online Community.

I see you are after a support group for younger people who have Rheumatoid arthritis in the London area.

Unfortunately the young persons support tends to be aimed at people under the age of 25, but they may well know what people do after they reach 26 after all that is still definitely 'young' here is the email address:

ypfsuk@versusarthritis.org

You could also consider putting your postcode in here to see what support is nearest to you:

It's possible some of our members might know of something I don't hopefully. While you're here do take a look around many of our members here are your age or younger. Living with Arthritis tends to be the most popular category.

Best of luck

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Hi @Eminocco

I totally understand you wanting to meet up with people at the same life stage as you. I went to my local branch and was really upset to be by far the youngest (this was going back a bit).

It might still be worth contacting your nearest branch and asking if there are any young people there. They may be just as desperate as you to meet someone of their own age.

Take care

Toni xx