Increased Arthritic Problems and Holiday Insurance
Hi Everyone. I hope you have had a restful summer, and the SADS isn't getting to you too much.
I wondered if anyone had any experience of this situation?
I am booked to Madeira for 3 weeks, after a booking made in 2019. The delay is covid cancellations.
Only last week, I contactedcl my orthopaedic surgeon's secretary to say that therhad Bern a permanent deterioration in my arthritis. I waited a fews weeks to see if it was a flare up. The only thing is I have not seen my orthopaedic surgeon during since May, when I was put on the list for a hip replacement.
I have travel insurance that takes account of my health issues (though I have not updated them since last week when I informed the health service of my current situation) , and I have only consulted with my GP in relation to medication to protect me from other tablets that can have side effects.
Also, the hotel have offered me a disabled room in another hotel.
I am uncertain about my chances of support from the insurers, and if there is more I could do to show treatment I have had eg from a masseuse (who said she felt that what has happened in the last few weeks was a permanent change and not a flare up) and an acupuncturist who has been trying of offer pain control for the tendinitis in my knee caused by the distortion to my leg due to the arthritis.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe