Knee arthritis

Options

I have severe knee arthritis and can barely walk. I'm 52 and waiting for a double knee replacement.

I think I've tried every support and lotion .

Can anyone help or recommend anything.

Regards

Dave

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,005
    Options

Hello @Bigd50 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have severe knee arthritis and are awaiting a double knee replacement and looking for help and advice. You are in the right place. Have a look around our website as it contains lots of useful information on arthritis, treatments and Hints and Tips. I've put a couple of links below which might be of help.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

Hello @Bigd50 have you tied the following

It is only available via prescription but good for short term relief (on me lasts about an hour, so I apply it 5 or 6 times a day)

• William50
    William50 Member Posts: 6
    Options

I have Osteoarthritis of the left knee, my doctor has prescribed Solpadol 30mg/500mg caplets, Fenbid Gel and now has prescribed Pregabalin which is a controlled drug, I have been on it for 4 months, I came off it for a week without his advice and had to speak with him and he was shouting at me as to why I came of it , I immediately went back on it .

How this all came about I was siting on a bus sitting on the front seat and it was cramped although I was travelling not far it must have developed more pain and this is what she has giving me.

I have now developed problems taking it , I have dried mouth, constipated (for it moving but seems to a week now) have taken so many things to try and get it to work, also feel sick and dizzy. I am actually frightened to speak with him in case he thinks its all in my head which it is not. This is not my kind of tablet, there is withdrawal symptoms if you come off it.

Can you give me any advise on this drug and what to do.

• Bic1982
    Bic1982 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hi @William50

I was prescribed Pregabalin after I had a knee replacement and the post op pain relief was less than what I was taking pre op. It was all a nightmare really and then I started on pregabalin. I'm not going to lie, I didn't have the best experience on it to begin with and found that I really suffered with side effects.

I know that others have found that it is really helpful so it just goes to show its all personal preference.

I found this information on the NHS website all about the drug and its side effects so I hope that it is helpful.

Take care

Anne

• Bobbibrowngirlie
    Options

I've tried that, didn't find it helpful at all. Switched to Voltarol 2% through GP