Hello. Positive vibes only:)
Hi all, and thank you for having me.
I have lived with arthritis for over 25 years (I'm 43 now). I was lucky enough to finally get my meds under control when I was 35 & have enjoyed a relativey normal life since in terms of being able to run / swim / enjoy playing some sports / run a business / raise a family. I realise I'm extremely lucky in all of these respects, especially the last one.
I'm here for 2 reasons:
1) to hopefully show that there is plenty to be hopeful about. I know the pain (or at least I know my pain) & understand the feeling of frustration / worry. The key for me was persevering through multiple drugs / specialists till I got to a good solution for me. Just keep going.
........but on a far more selfish note........
2) I'd love to find a local football team I could play for - I have a go from time to time with the lads at work & to be honest I can't get any where near them - they're all too young & fast & skillful for me. I don't know if this exists but I'd love to find a team (I live in Birmingham) I could join who have the same issues as myself - or more likely find a team of individuals with a mixture of other similar issues that might let me play from time to time?
If anybody knows where I could start then I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks all & stay positive 😎
welcome to the online community and thank you for sharing your positive experince and attitude. This is always so helpful fo people to hear. I am not aware of a football club in Birmingham but I am sure our members will be able to share their ideas on how you might be able to find one.
Thank you for sharing
hi, I don't know about Birmingham but I have seen adverts for walking football. Don't know if this would be something that would work for you.0
- 8.6K All Categories
- 1.2K Welcome
- 4.2K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 25 Feedback and ideas
- 39.6K Our Community
- 3.2K Living with arthritis
- 598 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 192 Work and financial support
- 367 Young people's community
- 5 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 29 My Triumphs
- 115 Let's Move
- 11 Sports and Hobbies
- 3 Food and Diet
- 252 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 299 Chat and News
- 27 Val's Cafe
- 239 Chit chat
- 9 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe