Covid antivirals

Options

Hi , some of you may have seen my post a few days ago where I tested positive for covid just a week after starting methotrexate. Well today I got a call from the antiviral team and have been prescribed paxlovid. I'm hoping it will help without any of the possible side effects of diarrhoea and vomiting 🤢.

Still feeling a bit crap. Aching, feeling like my head is going to explode and I've swallowed razors. Joy!!!

Hope everyone else is doing good and thank you for the replies 😊

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    Options

Hello @Caroline15 have you read the Covid guidance on our website?

Vaccines for COVID-19 – your questions answered (versusarthritis.org)

Hopefully some answers there

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Caroline15
    Caroline15 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Thank you for this information. I have had all the vaccinations that I was offered so far. I started the methotrexate recently so not before the 1st or 2nd

I'm due to receive the antiviral paxlovid tomorrow and when I'm able to I will take up the offer of the autumn booster

Thanks

• JenHB
    JenHB Member Posts: 133
    Options

I started methotrexate in March, got covid end of May and was also given paxlovid. I fortunately avoided the side effects mentioned. Warning - the tablets are very big! The week after when I went back to work I did shorter hours for that week as by about 3pm as I was worn out. Hope the antivirals help you

• Caroline15
    Caroline15 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Thank you. That's good to know. My paxlovid arrived this morning so I've taken the first dose and you're right. They are quite big . I hope you've made a full recovery with no lasting effects.

Caroline