half marathon done
A bit of background first: I've always been active and did my first ever marathon (26.2 miles) in April 2021. I had a booked place at my local half marathon (the Robin Hood) end of September but then in August my knee suddenly became very swollen so just walking short distances on the flat was 'interesting' so I had no choice but to transfer my place to 2022. This was then the start of my arthritis journey and I was started on methotrexate in March this year.
By now, my joints seemed to be relatively happy so I decided to do the Robin Hood (basically, it was either use my place or lose it).
So, on Sunday I was able to complete the half marathon - I used a run-walk strategy and am very pleased with my time (2hr 22min).
It's now Wednesday evening and (so far) my joints haven't started grumbling at me which I'm also very happy about.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 671 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe