Polymyalgia Rheumatica - Methotrexate

firstcuppatea
firstcuppatea Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hello 🙂. I am a new ‘kid on the block’ on this site but have had PMR for 2 years 3 months.

I’m shortly to start Methotrexate as I cannot below 8 mgms of Prednisolone. I just going through a second ‘flare’ which has been the most unpleasant since beginning this Illness.

I hope that their are fellow people in this community who’ll guide me through my MTX journey about which I’m apprehensive!

Thank you for reading me and I look forward to hearing from you when you all have time! ⭐️⭐️❤️‍🩹🙂

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,214

Hello @firstcuppatea and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and are looking for advice on Methotrexate. I am sure that there are many others on this community who can provide their experiences, but I would also recommend having a look at the following articles from our website.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Thank you Peter

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764

I love your username. Nothing quite like tea, is there? My first one of the day has got progressively bigger the more meds I have to take as a gulp to wash down pills doesn't count😊

My very active daugher in law has struggled with PMR for about three years. Like everyone, she found the last doses of steroids hard to reduce. She had to put them back up a time or two.

She's not needed meth but I've been on it for years for my RA. It's been great for me. I always take it with food, always take the folic acid as prescribed, always have my blood tests and, unfortunately, always keep my alcohol intake to an unacceptably low level😉

Good luck.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright