Struggling but determined

I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis for the past 2 years. Actually began 4years ago but became more painful in the past 2. I am on the list for replacement but am told that it would be at least a year before I hear anything. Apart from that I am told by the consultant that surgery would be too risky as I have Asthma and COPD. So, I guess I am pretty much resigned to putting up with it. I am lucky. I have a walking aid and a mobility scooter, Unfortunately the paracetamol and occasional codeine don't do much to each the pain and am not allowed to use anything else. I'm 83 next month. Determined not to let this get me down too much. Be nice to be in touch with others.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,186

Hello @Margo2411 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have had osteoarthritis for about 4 years and are looking for people to talk to with similar. You are in the right place as the people on this community are also in a similar situation. Have you had a look at our website? It contains a lot of useful information about arthritis, how it affects us, treatments and general hints and tips. I would recommend having a look and to help I've put a couple of links in below which may be of use.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,760

Some excellent links from Mod Peter there, Margo. I find exercise is essential. Also laughter. Sometimes, the way I exercise causes the laughter😊

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright