Methotrexate & Omeprazole
I have recently restarted Methotrexate after Covid/elevated liver enzymes. I have not experienced the same side effects, that I previously did. The only thing that has changed, is that I no longer take Omeprazole to control gastric reflux.
I read a good while ago that there is an interaction with both drugs that slow down the rate at which the body ‘disposes’ of Methotrexate and that this can increase side effects. I did discuss it with rheumatology, prior to taking methotrexate, but they dismissed it. From what I’ve read I understand, it is only notable for high doses of methotrexate, but I suppose it’s entirely possible at lower doses too.
Has anyone else noted a marked difference, when Omeprazole has been added or removed?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 669 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 220 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe