Psoriatic Arthritis

JCR
JCR Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi

I'm new to the group and have psoriatic arthritis in both hands. I'm set to start sulphasalazine today.

Anyone have this condition in the hands or anyone have any pointers with regard to taking this drug?

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,773
    edited 11. Oct 2022, 06:50

Hi @JCR Welcome to the Versus Arthritis Online Community.

I see from your post that you have been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) which is affecting both of your hands and are about to start taking Sulfasalazine.

While you wait for someone to come along to talk to you about their own experience with Sulfasalazine and Psoriatic Arthritis, I am going to attach a couple of links which I think you might find helpful. This first one is a great as it also contains stories from people who have PsA:

This one is about Sulfasalazine:

We have quite a few members here who have the same condition as yourself many of whom, like yourself, are newly diagnosed.

Now that you have introduced yourself do, please take a look around the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable Living with Arthritis tends to be the most popular as you can probably imagine.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,853

I'm sorry I never tried sulfa @JCR but welcome from me anyway😊

I think it's the one that turns your wee an interesting colour and I think also some have complained of headaches until they get used to it.

I know you'll be monitored properly though.

Best of luck I hope this is the drug that works for you it's such trial and error.🤞

Toni x