Hello!

Brianosaur
Brianosaur Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi, I have only just discovered this site. I have osteoarthritis in hips, right knee ⛹️‍♀️and lower spine and have been on MST for several years, the pain frequently breaks through the drug and makes quality of life very poor to say the least. I am now on high dosage and, being elderly, any further increase in the painkiller is out of the question. I just thought it may be helpful to hear of other sufferers successes in living with long term chronic pain.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 1,055

Hello @Brianosaur and welcome to the online forum,

We're really glad you found this site too! All members in the forum have experienced living with some form of arthritis, so I'm sure you'll find some ideas to help deal with the increasing pain that you're experiencing with osteoarthritis, despite the MST drugs that you're taking.

There's a useful page on the Versus Arthritis site that looks at different ways to manage pain. It might be worth having a look:

I hope other members will soon be along to welcome you and share their tips and suggestions.

Do have a browse round the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm