Adalimumab

Mims007
Mims007 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi - I've just now registered in this forum. I was diagnosed with RA and OA many years ago. Was given many drugs to ease my pain but nothing worked. Over the years, the pain got worse and my GP sent me to another hospital as the 1st hospital was just not working for me. At the 2nd hospital I was put into Methotrexate injection. Within 6 weeks I had a blister on my injection site. However, after a course of antibiotics, the blister healed. Restarted Methotrexate and within 2 weeks I caught Covid 19. Within days of admission in hospital, I was put into ICU, Tracheostomy, induced coma and connected to a ventilator and spent 3 weeks in coma. On two occasions, my children were told that I had taken a bad turn. In total, I was in hospital for about 3 months. This was all due to me taking Methotrexate. Prior to that, I was working as a care worker in the community and was coming across elderly clients who were rapidly being diagnosed with Covid-19. I took care of my health with taking vitamins and supplements which kept me safe from Covid-19 until I started taking Methotrexate injections. Now my consultant at the hospital suggest that I go into Adalimumab treatment. I am very concerned. In the meantime, my consultant administered a steroid injection to give me some relief but honestly, the steroid hardly made any difference. Any advice on Adalimumab will be greatly appreciated.

Comments