New PSA diagnosis

Jutseym
Jutseym Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I’ve been diagnosed for abt 4 months. Dr says we caught it early; no need for the high power drugs advertised on TV. I’m on a drug regimen that seems to be helping. Also, supplements that I was advised to take. My biggest issue is mental: I’m waiting on the proverbial axe to fall😡 I’m a very positive thinking person but I’m fearing the really bad symptoms! Any advice to relieve this fear? I’m 77, female, good health otherwise! Thank you

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 1,055

Hi @Jutseym and welcome to the online community,

Receiving a diagnosis of PSA only three months ago can take a while to adjust to, so it's not surprising that you're feeling a bit fearful of the future. You've come to the right place though - all our members have experience of living with some form of arthritis and we use this forum to share our stories and support each other - also to express our worries too. I'm sure you'll find a friendly welcome.

The article below might be useful to you - it talks about how the emotional effects of arthritis can have a great impact on our mental health. It also suggests ways to help yourself and seek outside help if needed:

Do have a look round the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm