my knee is ok when straight, would a splint help me?
i have now had 2 left knee flare ups in 4 months, i am 44 years old, i am probably going to have another 10 days housebound :-(.
i see braces, although the knee can still bend, would it be a good idea to have a splint or like a cast, or even gaffer tape and a 20 inch plastic pole, i feel if my knee was straight it would heel quicker and i could actually go out.
also the knee flare ups, will they happen more frequent with time? if i have a flare up 2 times in 4 months, will it be every 2 months next year?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe