Steroid injection for thumb arthritis
I’m seeing my consultant next week and there is the possibility of having a steroid injection for thumb osteoarthritis. This would be my first one, I know I can only have a limited number of injections before progression to surgery.
I’m not sure that my pain is severe enough yet to warrant the injection - I’m hoping to delay an inevitable trapeziectomy as long as possible (I want to retain hand function as long as possible). However the idea of being pain free for a time definitely appeals.
I wondered what other people’s experiences have been with regard to steroid injection into hands for arthritis and pain control? How do you know when it’s time? My consultant said I would know and because I’m still dithering makes me think it’s not time yet.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe