Soft Tissue Rheumatism

Options
KN62
KN62 Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

An appointment with a rheumatologist last week confirmed that the suspected autoimmune-like arthritis symptoms were in fact soft tissue rheumatism (STR) along with early onset OS in fingers.

The pain and stiffness at ankles, elbows and fingers relate to inflamed tendons not the actual joints. Well, you learn something every day.

No mention of medication or pain relief. No mention as to how this resolves itself or whether it actually does. The internet seems unusually lacking in STR information.

Take each day as it comes!!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options

Very interesting @KN62

I have also struggled to find anything reliable on the internet but it sounds very much as though it's a load of conditions under one umbrella including Fibromyalgia which lots of people on here have.

I also presume the early onset OS is early onset OA? Osteoarthritis??

Sounds as though you have a lot to contend with I hope your Gp will at least have some idea of treatment options for you. I know many on here do benefit from steroid injections into joints - probably only hands if the rest of it is tendon pain.

Many the VA exercises might help a bit?

Sorry I'm not much help am I? Sending ((()))

Toni x

• KN62
    KN62 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Thank you for shining some light on my situation. Much to learn.

Visited my GP yesterday it has recommended that I seek MRI scans in fingers/toes to totally rule out possible RA. I may be negative in testing but still positive in reality and this will supposedly nail it. So this seems the next step.