Just had a visit to the rheummy, he said he wasn’t convinced by the consultant who referred me and all older people have arthritis, at this point he lost my attention. I pointed out that I have had aches and pains since I was young, all I got was a ‘hrrrmmmm!’
So I left after a few minutes of his time and a suggestion to get some more painkillers, oh and a ultrasound on my hands.
The consultants attitude was abrupt to the point of rudeness, not listening to the answers I gave, he had made up his mind that the reason for my being sent along to him was ‘inconclusive’ so there we go, seronegative till the end I shall be. Fed up? Yes but more with attitude than result, I have long accepted I must suffer pain and be further away from life because of it. Positives? Just jumped another hurdle, no more for a while?
it’s a grin, honest!
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 674 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe