Newby

Options
Gran28
Gran28 Member Posts: 7
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone. Looking forward to linking up with people who understand. Been diagnosed since May 2022 with need for bilateral TKR. Taken a while as it all started in 2004. Was added to NHS list only in the December. I am happy to wait as I can still move and walk about to do shopping etc just need to pace myself I know when to rest and do no more I now walk with the same speed as my 3 year old Grandson. Just wondering does anyone else find that when doing anything active from a bit of housework or a little walking they sweat a lot? This is happening only as my knees have worsened and don’t straighten at all. What an opening question please note that I make sure I don’t smell 😂 as it is a constant now

best wishes

Fi

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 892
    Options

Hello @Gran28 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will experience that as well.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with arthritis and are awaiting a bilateral TKR, but can still get about but is finding it a bit slower and sweating. Not sure about the sweating but the slowing down bit is normal as we adjust. I guess that it could just be that you are now having to put more exertion into everyday tasks than you used to, but would be as well to mention it to your GP at the next opportunity. Has the GP prescribed any meds? If so it could be a side-effect of those that are causing it.

I've put a couple of links in below from our website which may be of use regarding the TKR but do also have a look around for other things. For example if you have been prescribed medication we often have fact sheets on it.

and

There are also Hints and Tips you can look at.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Gran28
    Gran28 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thank you Peter. My family are supportive but be really nice to connect to everyone here. I will certainly look at the medications. They are the usual naproxen and co-codamol with lansoprazole for stomach. I did wonder about the exertion being an issue. I want to do more to loss weight to help but it’s as everyone knows not that easy.