Anti TNF drugs

Hello. I’m on MTX, sulfasalazine and hydroxychloroquine. Still sore. My rheumatologist thinks I have a mix of RA (anti CCP positive) and inflammatory OA which just sounds depressing. I’m hoping for a trial of adalimumab. Anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522

Welcome to the forum, @pamlaukat .

I see that you take methotrexate, sulfasalazine and hydroxychloroquine for your RA and inflammatory OA. You hope that you will be prescribed adalimumab, (known also as Amgavita). I have followed the same medicinal path as you. I am now on Amgavita and can say that for me, it works. However, not everyone will react the same way and patience is needed to allow the full effect to develop – months usually.

Here is information from our site which I hope you will find useful:

Good luck with your treatment. Please post again to let us know how you get on.

Tom, Moderator

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 691

Hi @pamlaukat

I'm on the adalimumab biosimilar Amgevita. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in October 2020 and initially put on sulfasalazine, then methotrexate was added in February 2021. Neither worked for me so I was put on Amgevita in late July 2021- this was added to the sulfasalazine and MTX. It's made a really significant difference to me. By early July 2021 I could only walk with the aid of two elbow crutches - by October I'd returned them to the NHS. It's not a complete fix - I still suffer from aching joints most of the time but it's not at the pain levels I was previously. In June 2021 - before being put on Amgevita - I was prescribed morphine for the pain in my joints. This year I haven't had to take any painkillers for my PsA that I can remember.