Newly diagnosed

Options
NannyD
NannyD Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Good morning all

A couple of months into this new way of life. Relying too much on painkillers & know I have to move more. Seems like I've come to the right place

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,022
    Options

Hello @NannyD and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you are looking for ways of moving more. We have a couple of areas that provide some ideas on exercise of varying degrees to try and help. I've put the links to them below.

Also our website has a lot of useful information on arthritis, treatments as well as Hints and Tips. So, for example, if your arthritis was affecting your knees you could search on Osteoarthritis and get the following amongst other links.

People on the community are always willing to share so if you let us know a bot more about how arthritis affects you (only as much as you are comfortable sharing) I am sure others will share their support and experience as well. Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Littlesunflower
    Options

You have come to the right place my friend…..To be amongst fellow sufferers who understand exactly what you are going through is a Gods send. I know it has helped me enormously……Bella x 🌹🌹

• Missginns
    Missginns Member Posts: 4
    Options

I feel your pain, I’m new to the constant pain and immobility and it’s floored me. I’m 53, healthy, active, and feel like my life has ended. I take so many pain killers and need to sort out where I go with this but feel so unmotivated and miserable. I hope there are some answers out there. I’m not ready to give us paddle boarding, festivals and gigs yet!!

❤️