Good morning

Options
samanthaAsh
samanthaAsh Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Good morning. I hope everyone is well! Recently when I was getting my toe nails cut, a podiatrist spotted oa in my feet. I'm 29. I also have Ehlers-danlos syndrome. I had an X-ray from rheumatology last year and they discovered OA, however the rheumatologist dismissed it. Saying I was too young to have Arthritis. I asked the podiatrist to look at my other joints and see if she could see it in them too. She could. I have asked her to write a letter, as I have told my GP what she said and he just said take it with a pinch of salt. You're too young. Yet again, dismissing me. I have asked for a letter, for the simple reason I will not be believed. Again! We had suspicions that I had something wrong when I was about 12, as I kept having pain in my knees. Again, an X-ray showed something, but it was dismissed so we left it. Now my knees sound like paper, my shoulders crack, my fingers jam and crack when they free themselves. My knees are sometimes swollen. Yet I'm apparently too young? Hmm! Hope everyone is well and have a good day. Please note I have no vision, so will find it difficult to see photos unless they have a description. :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options

I do wish there was such a thing as 'too young for arthritis', I was diagnosed at 15 with RA. Was I too young? We've had parents of toddlers with it on here.

As I understand it, Ehlers Danlos is an autoimmune disease and dealt with by rheumatologists. I don't know what the treatment is but my OA started because my RA hadn't been dealt with aggressively enough.

I'm not sure what the answer is for you. I wish I was.

ß

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright