Options
Dannii28
Dannii28 Member Posts: 65
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi all,

I’m new to the online community. I have suffered with reactive arthritis since 23 (now 36). I am a wife and mum to 2 beautiful children 4&2 which can be a challenge in itself. Being a mum is hard but the addition of arthritis can sometimes feel impossible. I have an amazing husband who although cannot truly understand the pain and frustration really does do his best.

I have had a chest infection for a week now and it has knocked me down. Now of course I am having a flare because I am unable to take my meds. I don’t think you ever really realise how much you rely on them to live some sort of ‘normal’ life until you have to stop.

Anyway thanks for listening to my rant 😂

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 992
    Options

Hello @Dannii28 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have reactive arthritis but get great support from your husband. I hope that you are getting over your chest infection.

Our website has a lot of useful information and this community is full of people who have an understanding of what you ae going through, so you are among a new group of friends.

Have a look at the following - it might be of some help

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

Rant away! We all need them at times and no wonder. I'd had RA for several years before I had my two. Yes, it's a nightmare at times but we work out our own ways of dealing with things. Mine got lots of cuddly stories when they were little. And always had a scorer for snooker or table tennis when they were bigger. They're now grown up with their own sons.

Keep plugging away. But remember we're always here if needed.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright