Pain three years after hip replacement

Options
Marianne1948
Marianne1948 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi - I’m Marianne and this is my first post, so happy to be joining you. I’m 74, with arthritis in my hands and hip. The f hands I can live with ( for now!), and my hip was replaced 3 years ago. And it’s been wonderful! Free from pain and great mobility, able to walk miles, garden and dance ….until now ☹️. For some reason I’m in a lot of discomfort, okay as long as I don’t do much, but I’m an active person and feeling frightened that something has gone wrong, ‘loosening’ or something.

Anyone else had anything like this? Thanks and it feels good to share …x

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 797
    edited 28. Oct 2022, 17:45
    Options

Hi @Marianne1948

Welcome to the online community.

You say that you have arthritis in your hands and hip which has been replaced 3 years ago and at first it was wonderful and you had good mobility able to walk miles until recently now you are in a lot of discomfort and pain if you do a lot. you are frightened that something may have come loose as you do not want to loose any mobility.

any more I would advice you to go back to your consultant and tell him or her your concerns or your GP if you are not in contact with the consultant. It would help with your fears to rule out complications i have had a hip replaced 3 years ago and still going, with no pain.

Here is a link that may help it has a section in it about loosening

Hope this will help you Do go on our forums as everyone there have various forms of arthritis and will understand what you are going through.All forums are very friendly and will try and help you.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

I'd be withq Mid@chrisb . If rhere's been a sudden deterioration I think it needs professional advice. Maybe your GP could order an x-ray but seeing the consultant would be better.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright