Is there any point in going back to see my doc
forgive my potentially stupid question. I was diagnosed by physio to have arthritis (both knees) without any tests, X-rays etc. on the back of that my doctor provided on repeat naproxen and cocodamol on an email request from myself, but never spoke to me or requesting me to come in.
Even with the drugs, I can hardly stand for more than five mins and walking more than 400 yards is agony. Getting up from sitting down and going up and down stairs is blinking painful.
so my question is, should I request a doc to look, should I be under a consultant? Is there any other treatment I could be receiving, or realistically are the pain killers I’m already on these best that can be done?
I don’t want to hassle to doc if I’m already getting the best they can do.
Many thanks, Mike.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe