Pain24/7

Options
SusieJane
SusieJane Member Posts: 1
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi all.

I am 55 work full time and I am currently waiting for a full knee replacement pain I get is really awful and it seems it is overtaking my life, and stopping me from doing all the things I like to do. Does anyone else relate to this.

Thanks

Comments

• Lane
    Lane Member Posts: 113
    Options

Hello @SusieJane welcome to our friendly community.

I understand that you are currently waiting for a full knee replacement and in considerable pain. Please find attached a link for information that may be of help to you:

Our members have a wide range of knowledge and understanding and will shortly connect with you.

All the best.

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 998
    Options

Pain 24/7 due to arthritis in my back and neck is something I’ve had for at least the last ten years. In fact I can’t remember what it’s like not to have pain, and I certainly can’t remember what comfortable feels like.

My neck has got so bad in the last couple of years i now have migraines every week for 3 days or more sometimes.

it sucks but i just try to keep on going as best i can, what is the alternative??

ive been told by my doc and the pain clinic there is no treatment available other than carrying on with the pain killers but sometimes the side effects are as bad as the pain they stop.

• Jan1955
    Jan1955 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Yes, constant pain, to the extent that you can’t remember not being in pain is hard going. Pain becomes a way of life and that seems so wrong. I try to keep my mind on other things and to be around people who understand. I had a good week last week, so i pushed my luck and now, oh boy im paying the price. I keep doing that, one day I’ll get it right.

coming on here every day really helps, its a really encouraging group.

take care…Bella

• TLee
    TLee Member Posts: 88
    Options

I'm new to the community today, and have already found some useful information. I was looking for suggestions in dealing with pain. It was helpful to be reminded of the importance of staying as active as possible, learning techniques for stress relief, and paying attention to things like eating right and getting enough sleep. I am also intrigued by the possibility of trying things like hydrotherapy or acupuncture. All good stuff, but I guess my main issue just now is the depression that comes along with the pain. I relate to the feeling that pain is taking over my life--it seems I am constantly thinking about it, worrying about what it means to my quality of life, and, yes, feeling pretty darned sorry for myself to be honest. I try to look at the positive and appreciate the things that I can still do, but my limitations seem to outweigh those things and bring me back down again. I think that finding a place where there are folks who understand will help, so I am grateful to be here.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

Pain 24/7 due to arthritis in my back and neck is something I’ve had for at least the last ten years. In fact I can’t remember what it’s like not to have pain, and I certainly can’t remember what comfortable feels like.

My neck has got so bad in the last couple of years i now have migraines every week for 3 days or more sometimes.

it sucks but i just try to keep on going as best i can, what is the alternative??

ive been told by my doc and the pain clinic there is no treatment available other than carrying on with the pain killers but sometimes the side effects are as bad as the pain they stop.

• Skinny Keef
    Options

It is fine line between keeping on and doing too much. Somedays it’s okay to let the pain win and just curl up somewhere warm just so long as you don’t do it every day.

I’m having a give in day today.

I also make the most of my time when I can’t sleep. I was in my studio from 3-4 this morning, and guess that’s why I’m paying the price now.

i never really got the whole “listen to your body” stuff until pain started taking over my life.

do as much as you can but know when to give in.