Guilt

Options
Simpsoj
Simpsoj Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

After 23 years of my Daughter's diagnosis of JIA , I still feel incrediby guilty and sad.

I carry this around in my neck and shoulders.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @Simpsoj and welcome to the support Community. You are among people here who have some understanding of how you feel and I hope that you will find some comfort from being among new friends. It is always difficult when it is your child that gets arthritis. I've added a link below to one of our pages that may be of help

and we also have a Helpline if you would like to talk to someone

Please post and let us know how you are getting on

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

I'm so sorry. It sounds as if your daughter's JIA is affecting you every bit as much as her but in a different way.

Have you spoken to her about how you feel? Does she blame you? I've certainly never blamed my parents for my RA though my Mum did have psoriasis and my Dad possibly Reynauds'. They had no idea about autoimmune diseases. How could they be to blsme? There is a huge gap netween cause and blame. I do actually joke sometimes with my adult son who has a gluten intolerance, àpologising for the rubbish genes I gave him but he just laughs ir off.

Have you always felt so bad about it? Or has something triggered this horriblè guilt?

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright