Hello everyone first post

Options
SarahH22
SarahH22 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hello,

I would like to say hello to everyone, I have recently been diagnosed with Stage 3 Arthritis of the spine and I my initial reaction was shock horror and disbelief it was happening. I got so scared at the thought of potentially not being able to walk in the future if I didn't start treatment immediately but I was in so much pain I just wanted it to go away I couldn't even cry because it hurt.

After 8 weeks of intensive treatment with my chiropractor I can say I am feeling so much happy with my future and in a lot less pain.

I would like to interact with others to discuss the range of emotions I have been feeling and discuss what treatments others have had.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Sarah :-)

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 884
    edited 21. Nov 2022, 16:25
    Options

Hello @SarahH22 and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have been diagnosed with arthritis in your spine and am pleased to see that you chiropractic sessions are giving some relief. I also understand that you are wondering about the emotions you are going through. You are not alone in that as most of us go through it in some shape. You are now though among friends who you may not know yet, but have been through a similar journey and I am sure will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

In the meantime I've put a couple of links in below from our website which may be of use to you.

and

We also have a YouTube channel with stretching exercises which may be worth a look.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and once again welcome.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    edited 21. Nov 2022, 16:26
    Options

Hello @SarahH22 and welcome. Yes it is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster at times but things like this community help as you find that you are not alone in what you are going through. The Youtube exercises are quite good and gentle so hopefully might do you good.