Bamboo gloves

Options
Carla2bee
Carla2bee Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi all - I've only just joined and this is my first post. I have arthritis in my thumbs and wrists (and knees, elbow) and am a keen knitter. I find when knitting my joints don't hurt at all but other than that they do. Has anyone any experience of the bamboo gloves that have been popping up all over the place as helping arthritis in hands? Many thanks, Carlè

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Hi @Carla2bee

Welcome to the Online community. I see from your post that you have quite extensive Arthritis including your hands thumbs and wrists. Knitting sounds an excellent form of exercise and a good hobby too I am pleased that you don't experience pain while knitting.

This is the first I have heard of bamboo gloves, but I do know many of our members do use gloves and splints to support their hands and fingers.

While you are waiting for someone to come along and share their own experience, I am going to pop this link:

and this one too

Now that you have introduced yourself do take a look around the forum and join in wherever you wish. Living with Arthritis tends to be one of the most popular categories.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options

I found the bamboo gloves you mentioned @Carla2bee

never heard of them before. I do 'agree' with bamboo in principle it being very sustainable, but I have no idea whether they help Arthritic hands.

I have in the past used neoprene gloves (fingerless) I found the gentle pressure comforting.

Nowadays I use a pair of resting splints if my hands need extra support or feel extra sore.

If you try them you'll have to let us know how you get on.

Toni x

• CrazyrunningDog
    Options

I took up knitting 3years ago and when I was at my worst it was really the only thing that took my mind off the agony. I could only knit a couple of rows at a time but after about 6 months I had knitted myself a jumper which I am very proud of. It was something I could do when I couldn't walk and even though it hurt like hell it distracted me. I found even watching a film impossible as I had RA in my shoulders as well as my knees feet wrists hands etc so even sitting was uncomfortable. I am so proud of that jumper and when I see it it reminds me of how bad it used to be and that gives me hope that I will get even better.

I think everybody is really brave and courageous this is a horrible disease and what ever you can manage makes you a hero in my eyes

• Carla2bee
    Carla2bee Member Posts: 3
    Options

Haven’t tried them yet but will let you all know 🤗