I was lucky enough to see a private consultant last week. He confirmed that my hip is bone on bone and that I need replacement.
Just wondering how long people are waiting on NHS. I’m told 12-14 months? I feel that I have no choice but to find £10,000 and go private.
I never thought I would say this and I am not in a financial position to do this. I’m going to take out a loan. I just can’t cope on painkillers indefinitely.
I’ve also read that lots of people are now travelling to Lithuania as it’s cheaper. It makes me so sad that people can’t access the help they need on the NHS. 😢
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe