Being cold (pain) and having 30

Options

It has been a long time since I last wrote to this community. I have had arthritis since I was 4 years old and it got worse over the years. Now I am in a wheelchair and waiting for a resolution from the trauma-orthopaedics.

I know that the lists are endless for surgery but my rheumatologist told me that it may be my only option to walk again. She did not prescribe treatment as my arthritis has been in remission for almost 7 years. But I was referred to occupational therapy for pain in my right hand. They only treated me with an immobilising splint for rest. I was also referred to physiotherapy but the physio told me that therapy was not necessary because of the poor mobility in my legs. He told me that I should just wait for the trauma-op to see me and then perhaps wait for an operation to replace my knees and hips. This uncertainty is making me anxious. Now that winter is coming I feel that instead of being 30 I am 60. There is not much pain but my body does not respond as it used to. My temperature regulation control is no longer working well. Here I am in my 30s with almost 26 years of illness and the anxiety is not going down.

Comments