New to this and feeling alone

Options
SammyJo
SammyJo Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I've just been diagnosed with RA and am feeling quite alone. I can't describe the pain to people. I think they think I'm putting it on. I almost cry with the pain. Currently taking steroids before getting the go-ahead to take the RA medication (after seeing a Rheumatologist for the first time last week). Any words of advice or support would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @SammyJo and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will experience that as well.

First of all you are no longer alone - you have found us, a group of like-minded people who know some of what you are going through. Most of us have gone through what you are going through now and it will get better as meds and time kick in. Have a look through the following off our website, it might help

and we also have a Helpline if you need to talk to someone (Mon-Fri, 9am to 6pm)

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experience as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• SammyJo
    SammyJo Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Pete

Thanks very much for your reply. It was very helpful. I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything at the moment.

I'll post again, once I've started taking the RA medication. In the meantime, the steroids are helping, so that's good.

Best wishes

Sam