PsA newbie (sort of!)

Options
chartilian
chartilian Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi everyone!

So after the best part of 20 years of various musculoskeletal issues and other (what I thought were unrelated) bits and pieces including unrelenting fatigue, along with a recent diagnosis of osteopenia following a foot fracture with no preceding injury, I have finally been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis at the grand age of 32! Right now it's at its worst in left foot/ankle and right knee & hip, I'm very fortunate that my hands seem to be pretty much unscathed despite very bad psoriasis with nail involvement as a child - as a medical secretary by profession, typing was at one point taking up 30+ hours of my working week so have got off lightly from that side of it. Saying that, my touch typing days have been over for a little while now which might not be such a bad thing. This is all in conjunction with severe hypermobility which is verging on hEDS but not quite as haven't had any frank dislocations as an adult.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't think it's quite registered 100% yet and it will probably hit me when I least expect it, but for now I'm just living in hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Will be going back to see my Rheumatologist in a week or so to start treatment, either in the form of hydroxychloroquine or methotrexate (complicated by bipolar disorder which my psych tells me can be impacted by hydroxy, still awaiting feedback on methotrexate) so hopefully there will be something out there that a) works and b) doesn't tip me over the edge!

Comments