New to the forum

Options
JET
JET Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi to you all I’m Jill I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis April 2021age 60. It was a very scary time for me I must admit. I worked in the NHS as a Healthcare Support Worker for 15 years on a very busy heavy ward needless to say RA had a big impact on my job role and sadly I had to retire in July this year as I physically couldn’t do my job anymore. I’m taking Hydroxychloroquine and Methotrexate and folic acid and it took a while to feel the benefits but I feel so much better they're magic tablets!!!!!no more pain which I had in my hands, feet, knees shoulder and jaw! I still have stiffness now and again and tiredness but I can cope with that.

my only question is does anyone get restless legs drives me nuts!!!!!!

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello @JET and welcome to the online community,

Receiving a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis as you did at 60 can be very challenging, along with the lifestyle changes you may have to make. It's good to hear that after early retirement and your medication, you are now feeling much better. I hope you enjoy looking through the forum - all our members have experience of living with arthritis and I'm sure you'll find everyone very friendly and helpful.

Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) is more common with people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis. The NHS site has some information about it you might find useful, including some suggestions for self-help remedies:

Members who have also experienced RLS might come along to give you some more advice. If it does become a big problem, you could speak to your GP as there are some medications that may help.

Do have a look round the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• JET
    JET Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thankyou Anna