New to page chronic pain help please

Options
SandraK
SandraK Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi I suffer with arthritis for 10 years. I also have fibromyalgia and waiting for knee replacements.

I Had a Gp who wouldn’t help, finally change Gp 4 years ago who then wouldn’t refer me said she knew what to prescribe I have deteriorated rapidly and struggling to walk. I finally went to A&E and saw Orthopedics who confirmed knees needed replacement put on list then covid struck and I’m waiting. The pain is unbearable my whole body hurts. I spend most days in bed as you know warmth helps. I’m so depressed I’m lonely, lost friends because I can’t go out, what I’m asking is how do you deal with the constant pain & aches & fatigue 😢.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 968
    Options

Hello @SandraK and welcome to the online community,

I understand you've been waiting for knee surgery for quite some time and the pain is making you feel depressed and lonely. All our members have experience of living with the pain of arthritis so you're among friends here who understand some of what you're going through. I'm sure others will come along to give you friendly help and support.

You might like to have a look at the link I've posted below that gives some suggestions for dealing with knee pain. It also might be worth going back to your GP to discuss your pain medication.

If you would like to chat to someone for advice or support, you can call our free helpline on 0800 5200 520. It's available from 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday.

Do keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• CliveClive
    CliveClive Member Posts: 28
    Options

Hi @SandraK, we have all been in the same boat, pain wise. Hang in there. Thers lots of encouraging people on this site. I'll just had hip op and the pain in hip has disappeared, so I know when your op comes, it will make a difference.

• Skinz
    Skinz Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi SandraK I too am in chronic pain, stuck indoors, lonely and depressed and still waiting after 3 years for a full knee replacement. I know it’s hard to keep going, but you must. I use some support socks, knee supports, ibroprofen cream and take 2 ibroprofen and 1 paracetamol to go and drive to my supermarket, walk around holding onto my ‘trolley’ . Yes it hurts, but I have to keep trying, I also go to a local group run by versus arthritis once a week , where we do chair yoga THIS HELPS a lot. But I have to admit I have not been for a few weeks.excuse ( Pain, too busy or just given up. ) But I will go back as I know without this I will go crazy.

I am worried the pain will never go away, even after my replacement! Some people say it do ones and some say it doesn’t. This worries me , so that is why I just keep on trying lots of different ways to cope. I will never give up on myself so come on try to get out .