Updated -- conflict information ☹

Options
Bal
Bal Member Posts: 8
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

This is from my first post help needed. In hospital consultant gave me Naproxen and said I have RA in neck which is pushing my nerve and causing nerve pain , he advised to go see my GP.

I saw a locam doctor at my GP Surgery who said there no such thing as RA in neck. And said I have muscle spasm and prescribed me Diazepam and co-codmol. My pain in my arm is still there. I've not slept. The locam also gave amitriptyline to help me sleep and also help my hand as one finger has gone numb.

so confused 😭😭

Comments

• Lane
    Lane Member Posts: 113
    Options

Hello @Bal welcome to our friendly community.

I understand the hospital have diagnosed you with RA to neck and told to speak to your GP, that you have pain in your arm, not slept and finger numbness.

I have attached a couple of links from our website for you to have a look at:

and just in case you wish to speak urgently to someone:

Keep posting and other members will connect with you.

All the best.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

HI @Bal

I am no expert at all medically speaking, but think the meds you have been given sound really worth a try. I have tried diazepam for my neck and back and it has helped and was prescribed amitriptyline by the rheumatologist. Naproxen I can't take due to stomach issues, but I take arcoxia which is very similar.

If your pain isn't easing at all after a fair time say after a week you could always check in with another GP at the surgery?

Sending you some ((()))

Toni x

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options

No such thing as RA in the neck? I just wish I knew as little about RA as that doc😆

But, if the hospital diagnosed RA (and, admittedly, it rarely starts in the neck) did they refer you to a rheumatologist? They are the people who deal with RA.

The meds prescribed might well help. Sometimes a few doses are needed before much happens. But,,if you do have RA and not OÀ, someone should refer you to a rheumatologist. Only they can say for certain and prescribe the correct meds to hold the disease back rather than just dealing with the symptoms.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright