Testing for Rheumatoid Arthritis
I have had RA almost 30years & can remember it taking a few years to get a formal diagnosis. I started to feel people thought it was all in my head, so it was a relief to finally have it show up in a blood test.
I wonder how much has changed, only my 21 year old son has started to suspect he too may have RA & came to me asking if he should get a blood test. I know from experience the ESR & CRP levels that are meant to show up inflammation aren’t always definitive. If my son books a blood test & by the time it’s done he feels ok, is there any point in getting it done?
Surely it doesn’t take years to get diagnosed nowadays, or am I kidding myself?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 670 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 221 Work and financial support
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 13 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 333 Chat and News
- 29 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe