Reactive arthritis

Options
Cazm50
Cazm50 Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi all hoping to connect with anyone who has this.I woke up in March with all my joints in pain.

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member Posts: 522
    Options

Welcome to the forum. @Cazm50 . I see that you developed reactive arthritis in March and are looking for more information. Here is some from our website:

and this is some tips on pain management:

We hope that your condition soon improves. Keep posting and let us know how you get on.

Tom, Moderator.

• Cazm50
    Options

If anyone else has reactive arthritis i would love to talk to you.I was referred to hospital and have been on various drugs and injections.I am on sulfasalazine at the moment so hopefully it will work.

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

Hi @Cazm50 a few years ago I got a severe allergic reaction to something (never did find out what though washing powder seems most likely) and as a rare side effect I got reactive arthritis. Hands curled up, was shuffling, slept on the floor downstairs. It took me about half an hour to get to the loo which (we had a downstairs one). Sounds all doom and gloom, but doc put me on a massive dose of steroids so much so that the pharmacist rang him to make sure he hadn't written it down wrong, and in my case strong antihistamines and Co-codomol as well as diclofenac. It worked! After a couple of months I was able to return to work and eventually I managed a full recovery. I do have OA in my hands now but I don't think it was related to that. Very scary episode though, so my message is - hang in there and hopefully it will get better for you.

• Cazm50
    Options

I really appreciate your comment i'm trying to stay positive,hopefully i will be free of it soon x

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

Forgot to mention I passed out in the Doctor's waiting room, flat on the floor - but that was more that I have trouble when they take blood😁

• Cazm50
    Options

Oh no! Fortunately i am fine with blood tests,and i have had a few,another one today in fact!