New to Rheumatoid Arthritis need to learn about different treatments

Options
BluebellPrimrose
BluebellPrimrose Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hello,

I am a parent of someone with RA so just wanted to learn about the various treatments and their effects both good and bad!

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 682
    Options

Hi @BluebellPrimrose  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

You’ve definitely come to the right place to find the answers you’re seeking. You don’t mention the age of the son/daughter but they may well benefit from signing up to the forum themselves. For example, there is a young persons section for 20/30 year olds if this is relevant. 

Our website has loads of useful information, here’s a good place to start:

Here’s an ongoing discussion in the community relating to those newly diagnosed with RA which you may find it useful to join:

In order to gain the most from the forum I suggest that in your next post you elaborate on how recently they were diagnosed, what the symptoms are, what medication they’re taking etc. This will enable forum members to respond with useful and relevant feedback. 

I hope that you find the answers you’re looking for and that the forum proves to be a useful source of relevant help and support. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm