Anyone here on Rinvoq (upadacitinib) or have been?

Options

I joined this forum many years ago but haven’t been on it for a long time. I didn’t even realise that I was still a member! I’ve had a combination of rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis for 20 years next spring. I’ve been on quite a few drugs over the years…sulfasalazine (didn’t help), hydroxychloroquine (didn’t help), methotrexate (a life saver and tolerated very well for many years) but it wasn’t sufficient on its own) Enbrel (wonderful drug with no side effects for me but after about six years it stopped working), Rituximab (didn’t work), Olumiant (worked a few years with no side effects), steroid infusion when I started MTX plus lots of steroid injections and about 5 courses of steroid tablets, three about 6 years ago and then two this summer.

I’m now on Rinvoq. I’ve only been on it for 7 days and last night I was woken up by horrible stomach ache and have had an upset tummy today. I’d really appreciate hearing about other people’s experiences on it.

I’d also like to hear from anyone who is rheumatoid factor positive and anti-CCP negative and who has tried any of the drugs aimed at psoriatic arthritis. It looks like I’ve nearly exhausted the options for rheumatoid drugs but although there are more options for treating psoriatic arthritis, my consultant said that they don’t know if these will work on patients in my cohort. It’s been rather daunting to think that the best years of my disease suppression might be behind me!

Tagged:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

Unfortunately, I did a search on here and could only find one other post about this and no-one replying who had taken it. Best case scenario - it worked so well they skidaddled off the forum but, on the other hand, maybe it's just not very common.

I'm bogstandard R.A. I hope you're feeling better today but, if not, and bearing in mind it's Friday, I'd be asking advice. Pharmacists are a good, knowledgeable lot.

Please let's know how it goes for you and good luck.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright