Can't use anti-inflamatory drugs or creams.

Options
Pompom
Pompom Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I have osteoarthritis throughout my joint buy especially my knees.

I'm unable to take medication for it so looking for any alternative people can recommend. Thanks

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 797
    edited 2. Dec 2022, 23:11
    Options

Hi @Pompom

Welcome to the online community,great to see you posting.

You say that you have Osteoarthritis throughout your body but especially your knees,do we know of any alternative approach as you are unable to take medication.

We do have some alternatives,here are some links that may help.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/diet/

Hope these links help in some way.Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do go onto our forums and chat to others who are like minded.Everyone is friendly and understand what you are going through as we all have different forms of arthritis.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options

There are very many of us who can't use anti-inflammatory meds for one reason or another. I'm not sure I recall anyone being unable to use the creams though.

How about ordinary pain relief ie paracetamol, co-codamol etc? Can you take them?

Do check with your pharmacist if you're planning to take any supplements. They're not regulated as meds are so you could have a problem with them too.

I can very much endorse exercises and distraction - my favourite methods of pain control. Also, take note of what brings it on. And try not to do that again! Easier said than done, I know.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright