Imraldi Experience

Options
JohnLHancock
JohnLHancock Member Posts: 7
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi I’ve been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis for about 5 years. Now on Imraldi biosimilar for about 20 months. Great results until a couple of months ago. Actually developed psoriasis! Thought it was supposed to fix that? Also winter 🥶 bringing on stiff joints again, eye inflammation and low mood. Anyone out there experiencing the same?

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 797
    edited 3. Dec 2022, 09:45
    Options

Hi @JohnLHancock

Welcome to the online community,so good to see you reaching out to us.

You said you have had Psoriatic arthritis for 5 years now and on biosimilar as a medication,you had great results until a couple of months ago when you actually developed psoriasis,as you say thought the medication was to fix it not cause more difficultys. Also winter bringing on the usual stiffness in joints eye inflamations.

You ask if any one has experienced the same

Here is a link that may help.

You dont say if you have been back to your GP or rhumatologist with your new symptoms. i really think that should be your first point of call,just in case you are having a reaction to the medication.

Please keep in touch and tell us how you get on and do go onto our forums to chat to others they may have more information.

Take care and all the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• JohnLHancock
    Options

Thanks for picking up on this so quickly. Unfortunately, the Arthritis support team in Pembrokeshire seems to have evaporated! A month ago I had a delayed 6 month consultant review, it was done by phone with a nurse who agreed I needed to have some issues reviewed by the consultant. Nothing heard back since then and no response to message left on Sec to Rheumatology phone in Witheybush hospital. There used to be a really good help line and email link to the Rhuemetology Team but these have been replaced by a general help line with a Rhuemetology option that goes to an administrator. I called and was advised that because it was so busy I would not hear back from the Team for about 2 weeks! So yes I need a review but no I cannot get one. Hence reaching out to your charity. I have contacted "Patient Support" to raise these issues and copied my local MP with these issues. None of this is doing much for my declining mood though. Very grateful for the support you provide, particularly as NHS seems to be in terminal decline.

• JohnLHancock
    Options

Oh yes and I have yellow carded my Imraldi side effects.

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 711
    edited 3. Dec 2022, 12:07
    Options

Hi @JohnLHancock

I'm on a different adalimumab biosimilar - Amgevita. It has worked for me since I was put on it in July 2021 but I had a couple of issues that I discussed with my rheumatologist in June 2022. She thought it sounded like I might be building up antibodies to the anti-TNF Amgevita - she said it wasn't that unusual - and discussed possibly changing the biologic to secukinumab which is an IL-17 inhibitor. I was sent for blood tests which came back negative for these antibodies. It might be worth checking with your rheumatologist when you get in contact with them. I've read quite a few posts on here where people have had there biologic changed over time. My rheumatology nurse said I was lucky mine worked first time as they had 7 biologics they could have tried.