Both knees!!

Options

Hi, I am waiting for a replacement on my left knee and during consultation was told that my right knee would need replacing at a later date.

The last few days I have experienced pain behind my right knee and now cannot fully straighten either of my legs. Very difficult to walk at all now.

Has anyone with arthritic knees experienced pain in this place, behind the knee?

Comments

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hi @Cazinpain

welcome to the online community, here is some information about knee osteoarthritis that you might find useful

also some top tips on knee pain.

I also could had two bent knees and whilst waiting for my surgery I used crutches to get around which really helped. I was delighted to hand them back a couple of months after surgery. Keep us up to date with how you get on

Best Wishes

Sharon

• SoniaR
    SoniaR Member Posts: 30
    Options

Hi, could it be a Bakers Cyst? I had exactly the same thing a couple of years ago. It was in the middle of lockdown so only spoke to a physio over the phone but that’s what they diagnosed. You may have a bit of a lump behind the knee. It did dispel on its own but it was damn painful! Ring your docs for an appointment.

• SoniaR
    SoniaR Member Posts: 30
    Options

Forgot to say it is often associated with Osteoarthritis of the knees.

• CCM
    CCM Member Posts: 113
    Options

I have occasional knee pain, both front and back. I wear an elasticated knee support for a few days. Seems to scare it off.

CCM

• Disey59
    Disey59 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello and good morning to you .. yes I have to have two replacements of both knees .. I also have pain at the back of my knee I think it’s called bakers cyst or something like that . I am new here , I’ve been waiting for 4/5 yrs for surgery I am struggling now .. I have had a couple of pre meds but unfortunately caught covid 🙈🙈 then have to wait 7weeks again before anything to be done . But now with all what’s going on I really don’t know when I’ll have mine .. hope your well ,

Happy St David’s day for yesterday

Disey 😁

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Disey59 and welcome to the Community. we are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you are waiting for knee replacements. In addition to the information provided above it might be worth looking at the following.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on

With best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jonr
    jonr Member Posts: 398
    Options

I understand pain at the rear of the knee is pretty common, my consultant told me it's a combination of calcium deposits and the soft tissues compensating for the lack of strength in the joint.

I find stretching exercises really help, particularly stretching the hamstrings. It really hurts at first but the more it's done, the better it gets. I invested in a deep tissue massaging gun which I apply directly to the rear of my knees, the vibration seems to soothe it somewhat. I also apply TENS machine pads as well to ease the pain, works a treat for me!