Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder

Options
mrsharnott
mrsharnott Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hello! I was diagnosed with joint hypermobility in January 2021 and was recommended Versus Arthritis then. It was like reading my life story! More recently I’ve been struggling with complications with chronic fatigue and doctors have started discussing the possibility of fibromyalgia. Anyone else here struggle with either of these challenges? It has taken me a while to find doctors who understand or speak on my level. The other day the GP I spoke to was refreshing and encouraged me to join Versus Arthritis online community which I hadn’t known existed!

Comments

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hello @mrsharnott

welcome to the community I am so glad your GP sign posted you here. How wonderful!! Fibromyalgia, is quite common but is still not toalked about very much. You might fined Chris's story useful

You might also find this information useful

It is useful to be informed so that you can ask lots of qustions whilst you are waiting for a firm diagnosis. Be sure to be gentle with yourself you have got a lot to take on board right now. Just take your time and ask as many questions as you need to. I am sure our members will support you

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

Yes. You are not alone. I have had two different osteopaths diagnose me with hyper mobility and both said doctors often miss it. I asked my doctor if I had it a while back and she said it was very difficult to diagnose especially in someone of my age (53).

The first one could not believe that having had years of problems and pain I didn’t already know I’d got it lol.

Stick around, I’ve only been here a short while myself but I am finding the chat very rewarding.