Hi

Options
Candyboxx
Candyboxx Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I am 70 and have just joined the group as I suffer from arthritis in my hands and am interested in MBST therapy

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,038
    Options

Hello @Candyboxx and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have arthritis in your hands and are considering MBST therapy. Is this something that has been recommended by your GP or Consultant? I understand that arthritis in the hands is very painful and restrictive (I too have it and find that capsaicin cream helps as do compression gloves). Have a look through the following from our website.

I hope you find a solution that works for you and helps.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their support and experiences as well.

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jan1955
    Jan1955 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Hi Candybox. I also have arthritis in my hands, so I know how painful it can be. I find the warmth helps me, so the heat pad i use on my back, i sometimes lay on my lap and rest my hands on it, that can be comforting. Exercises for the hands are quite good also, it stops mine getting completely still, although the words are express when doing them is not for others ears lol.

i hope you find relief soon and try and visit this group often, it has really helped me

take care…Jan x