Psoriatic Arthritis and Imraldi

Options
commandervimes
commandervimes Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

Hi

After a long time suffering with painful swollen fingers and Crohn's disease etc etc, a wonderful Consultant diagnosed me and then I started injections - at first Methotextrate - made me so anaemic (I cannot tolerate Folic acid) that I was finally swapped to Imaraldi. I am 62 double stroke and diabetic - yep going through Grey's Anatomy lol. The thing is my daughter injects me and bless her she is so concerned because I actually shout out when injected - I am not a wuss but it is very painful. It does settle but is this normal? She has to inject me into my thighs (I am a tubby nuts so no good traction on rolls of fat lol)

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,038
    Options

Hello @commandervimes (love the username - I am guessing you are a Discworld fan) and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have Psoriatic Arthritis and see that you are taking imraldi injections. I am sure that others will connect with you to share their thoughts on the injections. In the meantime have a look through the following from our website, hopefully of some interest.

and

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

With very best wishes

Peter (Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 723
    Options

Hi @commandervimes

Is it a pen or syringe that you use? Maybe if it is causing you issues you could talk to your consultant to change to the other option? I use a pen injection for another adalimumab biosimilar - Amgevita. I always take the pen out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before I inject it so it gets to room temperature. I use a couple of sterile wipes first that kind of numb the area. I also rotate the injection sites - left thigh, left stomach, right stomach and right thigh. I get a slight sting when I inject but nothing more.