Comments

• Dianes1
    Dianes1 Member Posts: 43
    Options

Lovely post and wonderful horse.

• Lisbeth
    Lisbeth Member Posts: 46
    Options

Thank you @Dianes1 How are you, healing well I hope. I have sent you a couple of messages but I’m not sure if you had them. I would love to hear from you if you have a moment.

• Dianes1
    Options

Hi Lisbeth, lovely to hear from you. Eventually had my physio today, they admitted I had been forgotten, but it went well. Gave me a resistant band and a couple of new exercises and a telephone appointment in two weeks.

I was warned against vacumming for another four weeks. She was quite adamant about that so husband has this job back. I didn't tell her I had been doing this for the past three weeks.

Also had mt six week appt with consultant. He was really happy with my progress and gave the ok for me to walk as far as I want to, but to listen to my body when it says it has had enough. I am to see him again in a years time as my other hip needs replacing but to be honest it is nothing like the pain I got with the other one so happy to wait. As you said it now seems a distant memory all that horrible after pain, but in no hurry to relive it again just yet. I am walking about three miles a day now with the dogs. Husband holds the leads though as they do tend to pull especially if there is a squirrel in sight.

How lovely that you have your lovely horses. Do you ride any of them. Are you managing to live an almost normal life now. Look forward to catching up. Diane

• Lisbeth
    Lisbeth Member Posts: 46
    Options

Hi @Dianes1

hope you are still improving greatly and finding life much easier.

in answer to your question about the horses, yesterday was my ultimate goal achievement.

I completed the walk 56miles in February and I got up on the beautiful Penny and had a short ride around the farm yard. Tomorrow I will be going for a 15 minute ride up the lane.

three months ago all this was just a pipe dream.

hope to hear from you soon, take care.x

• Dianes1
    Options

Hi Lizbeth, great photo and fantastic achievement. What a beautiful horse. I am so happy for you.

I'm doing well. In fact my life is almost back to normal. Walking the dogs as I used to, but now without the arthritis pain. I do still get some pain mainly at night in bed. It's like a sciatica pain right down to my foot. Physio said to be expected as still healing. Do you still get any discomfort? Also still can't put a sock on foot of operated leg so hubby has to do that. I think this is going to be slow progress.

Look forward to hearing your horsey adventures as you progress even further. Take care. Diane