New to the group

Options
pinkjude
pinkjude Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I am 59 and have osteoarthritis and had a THR in 2013 following an arthroscopy in 2010. I am now suffering with bursitis in my other hip and issues with one knee.

Are there any exercises its ok to do with bursitis so as not to aggravate it more. I tend to do aerobics at home and am member of an online exercise group through Age UK

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 982
    Options

Hello @pinkjude and welcome to the online community,

I understand that you are living with osteoarthritis and also now have bursitis in one hip. You'd like to know if there are exercises that you can do that won't aggravate the bursitis.

I've posted a link below from the Versus Arthritis website about living with bursitis. As well as information about the condition, it also gives advice on how to manage the pain. There is no reference to exercises that you can do, but it does mention that a physiotherapist can advice you.

Other members may be able to tell you of how they manage with the condition. Everyone on the forum is very friendly and happy to share their experiences.

Do have a look round the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable.

Anna (Mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• janiebin
    janiebin Member Posts: 53
    Options

Hi @pinkjude

I reckon you are doing more than most people to keep flexible and mobile. I have not heard about the AgeUK online exercise group I will look it up. If you want to look at the stretching videos on the VA website they might give you some different exercises to try. I find them fun and useful.