Help

Options
Karendelvaux1969
Karendelvaux1969 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:09 in Living with arthritis

I was recommended to join. Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in March. Having trouble getting right medication and dealing with the whole thing

Comments

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 687
    Options

Hi @Karendelvaux1969  

Welcome to the versus arthritis forum. 

I see that you’re recently diagnosed with RA and are experiencing some issues with your medication and coming to terms with your situation. 

Well you’ve definitely come to the right place to meet people who have been on a similar journey and can hopefully help you through this.

In order to get the most out of the forum I suggest that you make a further post elaborating a little more on for example the actual medication you’re taking and how you’re coping. 

In the interim, you may find this link to our website useful:

Here’s an existing/current discussion in the forum that looks like it may be relevant for you to join in on:

I would encourage you to join in on as many existing discussions as you feel are relevant. 

I hope you derive some positives from joining us. 

Best Wishes

ChrisB (Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 277
    Options

Hi.

welcome. I was much the same. It’s taken quite a while to get my medication sorted too. I have been to see the Rheumatologist twice. Second time saw a different consultant who gave me a clear plan as to how he was going to treat me. Starting me off on a short course of steroids. My goodness they really helped. Then changes me from Hydroxychloraquine which I had some side effects from, to Saphasalazine which I have done much better on. I still have pain, but it is much more manageable.

it has been really hard emotionally at times. I think most folk on here will probably agree it takes time to come to terms with having to change the way we do things. I’ve gone through all sorts of emotions frustration, anger, sadness. It’s all normal I think.

you will find your way, and you will get your meds sorted, sometimes it just takes a while. Everyone is different to how medication works for them. Try to do the things you love, but with some slight adjustments. You will get there. Good luck.