Compression gloves

Options

I am wondering whether to buy a pair of these as I have very painful fingers and wrists when I wake in the morning.

I have been wearing wrist splints and that does help with the wrist pain.

Any advice would be very welcome, thank you.

Comments

• LouH00
    LouH00 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi Wendy52, personally I haven’t worn in bed but I would not be without mine through the day. In the winter I find them to be a good extra layer under my usual gloves. I can have bad days and struggle when office based so these are great using a keyboard/ mouse. On bad days I wear in the evenings and by doing this I think they help me the morning after.

• Wendy52
    Wendy52 Member Posts: 15
    Options

Thank you for your reply.

I will give them a try!

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 723
    Options

Hi @Wendy52

I think that compression gloves have helped me significantly. I was initially given a pair by the occupational therapist I saw but they were NHS ones that didn't fit too well. I started buying them myself as most commercial ones are sold with a detail on how to measure your hand for the correct fit. They don't last particularly long with me - they wear through at the fingers after about 3 months so I've probably bought 5-6 pairs over the last 18 months. Since last year my hands and feet have become really cold all the time and they help retain the heat in my hands. Over the recent cold spell I wore them overnight as well as my hands stiffen quite badly through the night. They seemed to help that as well.

• Wendy52
    Options

Another thank you for a response.

I have been looking on Amazon and there are so many to choose from….with copper, without copper, with fingers, without fingers, expensive, not so expensive!

Any advice would be welcome!

Thank you.

• Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 222
    Options

I always buy the fingertipless ones, not bothered about copper. It is the elasticity that helps and compresses. They are the grey colour ones but available from lots of places.

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 723
    edited 20. Dec 2022, 19:57
    Options

Hi @Wendy52

I've normally bought Vitto gloves but my last pair were from iMedic - both from Amazon. I think the iMedic ones might be a bit more long lasting. Neither have copper in them and are fingertipless.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 539
    Options

I found them useless and went for pretty fingerless gloves with 'hot hands' inside them. Never without my hot hands and get them in bulk off Amazon.

• Wendy52
    Options

Thanks for the advice….have ordered a pair and hoping for a miracle, as if! 😉